Musing Mondays is hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. It asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
For some reason this year I just haven’t read as many books as I’d have liked. Of course, I know the year is not yet over, but according to my Goodreads I am 11 books behind my schedule (I put my aim at 60 as I read 59 books last year), so I admit that I feel I’m unlikely to catch up, especially with Christmas coming up.
I’m not sure why I haven’t been reading so much, but I feel that I have found very few (if any) books that really excite me. You know the ones that keep you up at night because you can’t stop reading them? Well, I’m not sure when the last time I read a book like that was.
But I want to get excited by reading again. I know that one way to do that is just to read, and I plan on making more of an effort to read during the day as well as in the morning. So if anyone has any books they can recommend, ones you think will make me want to read and read and read without stopping, please share in the comments, as I miss that feeling of loving reading as much as I once did.