Musing Mondays is a weekly meme hosted by Should be Reading and asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
You may have noticed I haven’t been posting many reviews lately. The strange thing is that I am reading more than I have in a long time, I am just finding the reviewing difficult at the moment. Perhaps it’s because I’ve let a few finished books pile up instead of reviewing them straight away as I usually do (and still aim to do). But I think at least part of it is because I’ve been too busy enjoying reading the books and losing myself in different worlds to focus and think about breaking them down into reviews. Of course I hope to find a happy medium between the two extremes, as I obviously want to continue enjoying books but I also want to learn, both as a writer and a person, by critically noticing aspects of the books I read and sharing them here. One way I plan to do this is by starting to jot down a few notes as I read, which hopefully will make the reviewing process easier for me so I am able to share more books with you.
How do you find the medium between reading purely for enjoyment and writing reviews?