Musing Mondays is hosted by MizB of Should be Reading and asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Firstly I want to apologize for being one of the worst book bloggers recently, with the complete lack of posts and regularity. While I’d love to be able to promise that will change, it’s not, as I hate breaking promises. However, I do promise to try and be a better book blogger, if you’ll stick with me.
A few weeks ago I decided to change my schedule around, specifically I changed my morning routine so that instead of reading when I wake up, I come on my computer and get some writing done. While (at least for a while) this has made a dramatic increase in my productivity, it has meant I am reading a lot less. I still try to read every evening before bed, but sometimes I’m just too tired, or can only manage a few pages before having to give up.
I’m still not certain whether I am going to continue with this change, and even if I don’t, I will likely choose to try something else in the mornings other than reading. This means I have to find a time every day which I commit to getting some reading done, as I am reading so slowly at the minute that I won’t be able to continue at a review each week (which, believe it or not, is actually the plan). I’m thinking maybe just after lunch, or some other time in the afternoon, but I’d really appreciate any ideas.
What time of day do you read (if you have certain time), or do you just read when you feel like it?