Musing Mondays is hosted by MizB of Should be Reading and asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
Since taking over this blog I have done my best to stick to a kind of schedule with various memes on their days and book reviews on Friday or Saturday. However, if you look back over the past few weeks you can see this clearly isn’t working for me as I haven’t managed to post any book reviews. I know part of it is I simply am not organised enough at the moment to remember to write reviews in advance and get them ready to post. And even when I have, I still find it difficult to take the time to post it as Friday is the day my focus is elsewhere (Scouting), and most Saturdays are spent recovering from Scouts.
Currently I try and join in memes on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Again, this is something I need to work on becoming more consistent with. You can see why I was trying to post reviews on Friday as it logically makes sense, however, as I said, it’s not working for me. So I have two options. The first is to find another day to put up reviews; the other is to write and post reviews as I finish books. While I think the former will not be much different to the problems I’m having now, I worry with the latter that reviews will be all over the place. Of course, regardless of what I decide, I am going to continue working on improving my organisation so this becomes a problem of the past.
So, as a reader of this blog, do you think it’s important to post reviews on the same day each week (with reviews being missed some weeks), or would you rather read reviews as and when I can post them?