Musing Mondays is hosted by MizB at Should be Reading and asks you to muse about one of the following each week…
• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
I have been wanting to read a Jodi Picoult book for quite a while, but for some reason never got around to it now. I started reading Handle With Care over the weekend and even though it’s a fairly hefty book I am almost half way through it already. The book focuses on a child born with osteogenesis imperfecta, a very severe condition meaning her bones are very brittle and extremely easy to break. Until reading this book I had only a vague knowledge about this disability, but that is not what the book focuses on. Instead, it focuses on how one child with this condition can effect everyone – the family, family’s friends, school, etc
I knew to expect an emotional read, and within the first few chapters I wondered if I’d be able to continue as the emotional impact of reading the story was almost too much to bear. However, I’m glad I continued as it has become an addictive read, constantly making me rethink things and things I’ve never thought of. I’m looking forward to what I will discover in the rest of the book.
Are you a fan of Jodi Picoult? Which of her books would you recommend?