Last year I participated in an A-Z reading challenge (reading a book by an author by every letter in the alphabet) on Goodreads; I didn’t quite make it, reading only 22, but that was more due to bad planning on my part. Overall last year I read 44 books – 9 less than my goal, so this year I’m aiming for 50.
Even though I didn’t complete the A-Z reading challenge, I thoroughly enjoyed participating, so when I saw a the 2015 TBR pile challenge, I figured it would be challenge for the year (I have also seen a checklist floating around which I might look at as well).
The 2015 TBR Pile is hosted by Roof Beam Reader and involves reading 12 books that have been on your TBR (to be read) pile for over a year.
My 12 books are:
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
- Eat Play Lust by Tawna Fenske
- Catch by Michelle D. Argyle
- Life Disrupted: Getting Real About Chronic Illness in Your Twenties and Thirties by Laurie Edwards
- Aberrant by Ruth Silver
- Endlessly by Kiersten White
- Delta of Venus by Anais Nin
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Four Sisters, All Queens by Sherry Jones
- Letters from Home by Kristina McMorris
- Godspeed by February Grace
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
Most of these books have been on my TBR list for years, though I’ve made sure to include some more recent publications as well. These 12 books are just a starting point for me though, so if you have any recommendations please share.
Are you participating in any reading challenges this year? Let me know in the comments.