I had hoped that by joining in a blog-a-thon I would be better at updating my blog, but apparently not. I’d also hoped to get a lot of reading done, and while I’ve read more than I probably would have, things like having a friend stay over has meant I haven’t read as much as I’d planned. Anyway, here’s my progress so far:
Day 1 (Monday 11/5) : 76 pages of Tales from Below Stairs by Margaret Powell
Day 2 (Tuesday 12/5) : 93 pages of Tales from Below Stairs
Day 3 (Wednesday 13/5) : 42 pages of Looking for Alaska by John Green
Day 4 (Thursday 14/5) : 40 pages of Tales from Below Stairs and 45 pages of Looking for Alaska – total of 85 pages
Day 5 (yesterday) : 36 pages of Tales from Below Stairs and 28 pages of Looking for Alaska – total of 62 pages
I’ve managed to do some reading today, and I hope to do more though know I physically can’t read as much as I want due to my M.E.
Hope you’re having better luck at meeting your goals, but either way, enjoying the read-a-thon.
It’s finally the Bout of Books read-a-thon. I’m super excited to be joining in and hope to catch up a little with my reading. Today’s challenge is hosted by Writing my own Fairy tale, and is a great way to get to know each other.
1. How do you organize your shelves? Alphabetically, at least, that’s the aim but as I don’t have as much shelf space as I’d like, new books tend to get added to the various piles around my flat. I also keep books on cooking, writing, fairy tales, and M.E. seperate.
2. What is one of your favorite book that’s not in one of your favorite genres? I am not a huge fan of high fantasy, but I love Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien.
3. What is the last 5 star book you read? Rabbit Redux by John Updike
4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon? I’ve recently become very interested in Freddie Mercury so it has to be the biography Freddie Mercury by Peter Freestone which I picked up at my library.
5. What book do you recommend the most? It can be hard to recommend a book that everyone will enjoy, but if I’m not sure what someone likes I almost always reach for Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell as I think anyone who enjoys reading will find something about this book they like.
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
Spring-cleaning the silver was a major operation. In this particular house, and in the majority like it, the silver was stored in a safe and and the working silver was put in it every night.
p.p. 127 Tales from Below Stairs by Margaret Powell
I haven’t done as much reading so far this year as I’d have liked so figured joining a read-a-thon would be a great way to reinject more reading into my life.
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 13 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
Looking forward to getting some serious reading done.